Friday 3 June 2011

One Day Like This..

Play this song in the background whilst reading the blog (if you want) great song!


Days like yesterday (2nd June) make you realise the torturous online MTT grind is all worth it in the end. I started the day with a feeling of good things, I even tweeted this: "I might start running at least ok in the business end of tourneys sometime soon. FT bubbled $129 FTP last night, 50r stars night before. Not tonight though, shipping 5 figs tonight.." (https://twitter.com/#!/BenSpraggs)




And yep, the moaning worked! I started off with a 3rd in the early $109 f/o on stars for $2,500. And then binked this badboy:




Not sure if i can take the $13,000 in cash, if not i will play the European Poker Tour (EPT) London or the Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure (PCA), as I'm already in the Main Event (via Party Poker) and also those two are worth $13,750 and $14,500, respectively, so added value. I went to the PCA in Bahamas 2009, and as amazing as the place is, its just so far to go. But I'll have to weigh up my options. 


If that wasn't enough, i then went on to go very deep in the Stars $50 rebuy. After making a debatable 4bet jam with 55 into QQ 4 handed to cripple me, i made a pretty sick comeback, and got 2nd for $8,300. I played pretty bad Heads up, but in my defense i was very tired, short stacked, and he did run pretty good. After spewing 4 handed, i was more than happy.


I really hope this heater continues (i won the 100r the week before i went to Barcelona), because If you want to run good anywhere, its on PokerStars.

Today i'm chilling out, getting life things done, and going somewhere for a meal tonight with Char.

Tomorrow (Saturday) is my friends birthday and he's having a Music Festival style birthday, with lots of friends going, barbeque's, live music and plenty of beverages i should imagine! Hope the weather holds out for it as some are even camping, and i want to get some rays!

Sunday it's my brothers birthday, he's coming over for a BBQ. We don't exchange gifts anymore, because it got to the point, i would give him money, and he would give the same back a month or so later. Plus i take him to Vegas with me every summer, so thats not a bad present!! Although it's a present for me too, as i love having him with me, always my favourite time of the year! I'm hoping he wont mind if i sneak off a little early, as on this heater, i think its time I final tabled a Stars Sunday Major (or two)!

Looking forward to Vegas lots, going to be playing the Main event and a couple of Venetian Deepstack events, but I will talk about that more in the near future. Have a good weekend!

1 comment: